- All positions pay $2,016 per semester. Generally, each undergraduate TA will be responsible for one recitation per week (one hour), holding office hours and grading problem sets.
- You cannot hold more than one TA position in the University (for example, you cannot be a TA for both econ and statistics in the same semester). So, if you are planning on being a TA in another department, do not apply for a position in economics.
- If you are an international student, then your Visa and I-20 form must be valid on or before your hire date, and it must remain active, at least, within the last two weeks of your appointment. If you do not have these items and there are some extenuating circumstances that need to be discussed, you must speak with Jacqueline Jenkins (jj2776) prior to accepting your appointment. It is a violation of federal law for anyone to work for the University without having been hired; therefore, any issues must be cleared before your start date.
- You must be a Full-Time student to hold a TA position.
We may hire undergraduates for following courses (all sections):
- UN1105 Principles of Economics
- UN3211 Intermediate Micro
- UN3213 Intermediate Macro
- UN3412 Intro to Econometrics
- UN3025 Financial Economics
- UN3265 Money and Banking
- GU4280 Corporate Finance
- Do not apply for a class that you have not taken.
- Except in rare circumstances, we only hire undergraduates who have completed their core intermediate economics courses (3211, 3213, and 3412) with grades of A- or higher. If you do not meet that criteria, then it is highly unlikely you will be hired.
- Check the Directory of Classes to make sure that you can attend the class. Do not apply for a class that you cannot attend.
You may apply for up to 6 TA positions. On the application, you will be asked to list those options from your most preferred to least preferred.
- If you are not a CC or GS econ major, joint major or concentrator, then you must submit a transcript (unofficial is ok) with your application. Send it to email@example.com .
- Applications are due by August 21. The application is available here. If the link does not work, then copy this URL into your browser: