This page lists all the hiring paperwork required for academic appointments. Please download and fill out all of the following, and email to Jacqueline Jenkins (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.
- The name on the documents must match your passport.
- All names must match on all the documents (including middle names or initials).
- Address must match on all the documents, please include apt numbers.
All links open in a new tab. Click each document, download, complete, and send via email.
- W4. Please password protect anything with your SSN for your safety.
- IT 2104. (If you are currently in New York State, fill out IT 2104 and use your current address on all forms) or non-Resident IT 2104.1. (If you are outside New York State).
- Race and Ethnicity Form. You are not required to share this information but you must sign the form and return it.
- Information form. Include the full name and address of your high school. Only include degrees earned not the projected date of graduation. High school for undergraduates, college (and up) for MA/PhD.
- Completed I-9. Please make an appointment to complete your I-9 at Kent Hall. (In-person appointments required). If an appointment is not available this month at Kent Hall, please use the walk-in hours at Studebaker. (See below). Please let us know the date that you have completed your I9, your appointment cannot be processed without it. Student who already have a valid I-9 do not need to do a new one, please provide the date it was completed.
- (For students only) Proof you are a full-time student. Please provide a copy of your current SSOL form. You must be a full-time student for this position.
- Log into ssol.columbia.edu
- Click “Academic Profile”
- Print to PDF the page showing you are a “current full time student”
- If you are not a US-resident, please also include a copy of your visa, passport photo page, I94, and I20 form.
Please let us know if you do not have a Social Security Number. We can provide the necessary paperwork to apply for one. Click here for full instructions.
In order for us to process your appointment, please return the above forms and documents to Jacqueline Jenkins at email@example.com as soon as possible.
Walk-in appointments for I-9 are also available at the Columbia University Human Resources Office
Location: Studebaker 615 W 131st Street, 4th floor
- Tuesday 9:00am to 1:00pm
- Wednesday 9:00am to 1:00pm
- Friday 9:00am to 1:00pm