This page lists all the hiring paperwork required for academic appointments for PhD Students. Please download and fill out all of the following, and email to Rosie Lourentzatos (email@example.com) as soon as possible.
- The name on the documents must match your passport.
- All names must match on all the documents (including middle names or initials).
- Address must match on all the documents, please include apt numbers.
All links open in a new tab. Click each document, download, complete, and send via email.
- W4. Please password protect anything with your SSN for your safety.
- IT 2104. (If you are currently in New York State, fill out IT 2104 and use your current address on all forms) or non-Resident IT 2104.1. (If you are outside New York State).
- Race and Ethnicity Form. You are not required to share this information but you must sign the form and return it.
- Information form. Include the full name and address of your high school. Only include degrees earned not the projected date of graduation. High school for undergraduates, college (and up) for MA/PhD.
- Completed I-9. Complete your I-9 at 210 Kent Hall on the Morningside Campus, open during normal business hours. If you are unable to get your I-9 completed at Kent Hall, please go to Studebaker
on the Manhattanville Campus. Please let us know the date that you have completed your I9, your appointment cannot be processed without it. Student who already have a valid I-9 do not need to do a new one, please provide the date it was completed.
- If you are not a US-resident, please also include a copy of your visa, passport photo page, I94, and I20 form.
Please provide the receipt / letter from the social security administration that you have applied for your social security number.
In order for us to process your appointment, please return the above forms and documents to email to Rosie Lourentzatos (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.
Walk-in appointments for I-9 are also available at the Columbia University Human Resources Office
Location: Studebaker 615 W 131st Street, 4th floor
- Tuesday 9:00am to 1:00pm
- Wednesday 9:00am to 1:00pm
- Friday 9:00am to 1:00pm