Thinking Caps is a boutique tutoring company that provides the following services to NYC-area students:
- Study and executive functioning skills instruction
- Individualized subject tutoring (including English, math, foreign languages, and science)
- Test prep support (ISEE, SSAT, SAT, ACT, SHSAT, SAT subject tests, etc.)
We’re currently seeking to hire qualified instructors who can help students study smarter, not harder.
The TCG Process
At Thinking Caps we pay special attention to tutor interests and teaching style to make sure we match instructors with students they’ll really “click” with. We work primarily with middle and high school students, some of whom have learning differences such as ADHD, dyslexia, dysgraphia, etc.
While working for Thinking Caps tutors can expect:
- Advanced training to help develop students’ study/executive functioning skills
- Opportunities to teach material from their particular field(s) of study
- Access to our comprehensive Resource Library to help you prepare for lessons
- Flexible hours and travel compensation when applicable
- Academic support from our team of Academic Directors and Liaisons
The work is done at the students’ homes or schools. Please note that we request that all applicants are prepared to take on at least three students for the duration of an academic year. Compensation is $25-$50 depending on education level. Finally, we ask that all applicants have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher, but can work with exceptions if provided with requisite explanation.
Applicants should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that candidates include a little information about themselves and why they’re interested in tutoring.
Feel free to check us out online by visiting our website at www.thinkingcapsgroup.com