Bilingual Research Assistant Position
Jordan Brensinger, a PhD candidate in Sociology at Columbia University, is looking to hire a bilingual Spanish-English speaking RA to conduct Spanish interviews for his dissertation research on resolving identity theft. The RA would interview Spanish-
The time commitment associated with this position is contingent on the study’s recruitment of Spanish-speaking interviewees. Jordan anticipates 10-15 interviews, each lasting approximately 1.5 – 2 hours. Interviews would take place from February to June of 2020 and be scheduled by the RA. Interviews will take place primarily at Columbia’s Morningside campus and/or at certain professional offices or public spaces, all within NYC and accessible by public transportation.
Experience conducting semi-structured qualitative interviews preferred, but Jordan is also open to training a motivated and otherwise qualified applicant in interview methods.
The position pays $20/hour plus roundtrip subway fare for on-site interviews.
If you are interested, please email Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fluent Spanish speaker with strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive research data and maintain complete confidentiality of all interviewee personal
information, interview location, interview content, and research data
- Empathy and ability to maintain emotional stability as interviewees share details of difficult personal experiences and circumstances
- Ability to work on a team as a dependable, punctual colleague
- Flexibility and adaptability, as interviews may be scheduled or cancelled by interviewees on relatively short notice
- Past experience conducting interviews for academic, corporate, non-profit, and/or government settings
- Academic interest in the U.S. economy, personal data, privacy, or related area